keep your heart pumping and support a great cause
Race Day: June 15 – October 31, 2020
Location: Calgary, Edmonton, Saskatoon….anywhere!
Distance: YOUR CHOICE!
RUN or WALK: 1k, 3k, 5k, or 10k
Start/Finish Area: Your house
Course Type: Your favourite workout space, road or trail
Stroller Friendly: Sure!
Travel: We recommend staying home and following all local public health recommendations. Stay six feet away from others and ensure you are practicing physical distancing.
YOUR RACE DAY
Here’s a few tips to prepare for your event
1. Plan your route. Whether it’s a 5k walk or 10k run, you’ll want to ensure that you have your music playlist ready, your fluids at your side and knowing that the distance you have in mind ACTUALLY shows up on your fitness app!
2. It may feel like any training day, but get in the right mindset to put your best foot forward! Don’t let the basics slip – get lots of sleep, proper pre-race nutrition, hydrate and keep yourself fueled up for your event
3. Ensure you understande your tracking app! We suggest using RunKeeper, but there’s a plethora available. Use what you know.
4. Charge Your phone! Make sure your phone is fully charged before your start. You don’t want to be near the finishline and have your phone go dead, losing all that hard work you’re wanting to show off.
5. Race and enjoy yourself! At the end of the day, we ride, run, walk and more because we love these sports. Revel in those feelings and let them carry you across your finishline.
6. Post Your results. Simply snap a screenshot, picture of your watch, or use your activity tracker and upload it to the results page.
WHAT YOU GET
With your race entry, you will not only be motivated to complete your event distance, but you’ll also get:
1. Digital race bib
2. Official race medal!
are you up to these challenges?
use your app to track your time & distance. Make sure to post your results!
The fastest 5 male and female in the 5k and 10k events will receive an awesome prize!
Our event is known for it’s “heartbeat hill”. We want you to add that vertical into your event! The top 3 male and female athletes showing the most vertical gain in their 5k/10k events will be awarded with an awesome prize!